<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, October 22, 2004

My name is Jefferson Smith, and I'm voting for George Bush in November. You ask me why? Well, we are so much alike it's scary sometimes. As a matter of fact, I wrote this speech for him, should he get another opportunity to address the Congress. Here it is:
Nowadays, boys forget what their country means by just reading "The Land of the Free" in history books. Then they get to be men they forget even more. Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books, gentlemen. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that. Sometimes we get knocked down by all the injustice in the world. Well I say just get up off the ground, that's all I ask. Get up there with that lady that's up on top of this Capitol dome, that lady that stands for liberty. Take a look at this country through her eyes if you really want to see something. And you won't just see scenery; you'll see the whole parade of what Man's carved out for himself, after centuries of fighting. Fighting for something better than just jungle law, fighting so's he can stand on his own two feet, free and decent, like he was created, no matter what his race, color, or creed. That's what you'd see. There's no place out there for graft, or greed, or lies, or compromise with human liberties. And, uh, if that's what the grownups have done with this world that was given to them, then we'd better get the War on Terror initiatives started fast and see what these men and women can do. And it's not too late, because this country is bigger than the liberals, or you, or me, or anything else. Great principles don't get lost once they come to light. They're right here; you just have to see them again!
Either I'm dead right, or I'm crazy!

I'm Jefferson Smith, and I approve this message. Thank you.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?