<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

I was reading this entry over at In DC Journal about Kerry's gaffe at bringing Mary Cheney into the debate the other night. I found it interesting that, of the people polled on the question, all but one group felt it was wrong. That group was Kerry's die-hard supporters. Even 51% of the Democrats polled thought it was wrong. But that brings me to another crossroads. Is homosexuality a choice, or are you born that way? I've heard and read arguments in favor of both sides of the issue. I've also read what the Bible says about homosexuality. The Bible says having sex with the same gender is wrong. But it does not say that being attracted to the same sex is a choice. Nor does it say you're born that way. Some are of the opinion that you may be born that way, but you don't have to act on it. Sort of like when you are tempted to eat an entire pizza in one sitting. You don't have to do it, even though you may want to. As with premarital sex, it is a temptation that can be avoided with enough willpower. I'm not sure I agree with that belief. I believe the Bible, but the Bible also says that God loves a sinner, even though he hates the sin. As humans, we are tempted all the time, be it by food, sex, taking home office supplies, little white lies, etc. We must learn to resist these temptations. As for homosexuality, that's a little more complex an issue, but with prayer and study, an answer can be found. I'm a heterosexual and happy to be one. I have had many friends who were not. I did not judge them, they did not judge me. After many conversations, we agreed to disagree. Anyone want to chime in here on this topic?

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?