<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, October 15, 2004

I hope your children aren't holding up a rapper named KRS-One as a role model, because he's not worth it. This so-called artist is quoted in the New York Daily News as saying that he and other blacks "cheered when 9-11 happened".
"I say that proudly," the Boogie Down Productions founder went on, insisting that, before the attack, security guards kept Blacks out of the World Trade Center "because of the way we talk and dress. "So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' "

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."
I'm sorry, did he say justice? So a few security guards hassle some people, and 3,000 other people have to die to satisfy karma? I don't think so. In response to the report, the rapper said
:“I was making an objective point about how many Hiphoppas as well as the oppressed peoples of the world felt that day,” KRS continued. “I am a philosopher and a critical thinker, I speak truth and I urge people to think critically about themselves and their environment. Yes, my words are strong. Yes, my views are controversial. But to call me a terrorist is simply wrong!...I was just as saddened as everyone else on 9/11,” he continued. “However, for many of us that were racially profiled and harassed by the World’s Trade Center’s security and the police patrolling that area as well as the thousands of American protesters that spoke out against the World Trade Organization months before in Seattle, Washington there was a sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake up call watching the twin towers fall.”
And there you have it. Both sides of the story. My opinion, still a bad role model.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?