<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Samuel Armstrong Tilley is probably going to be a legend in his hometown. He and a friend decided to go out riding motorcycles in Minnesota, but they forgot there were speed limits apparently. Mr. Tilley was arrested for speeding. He was going 205 mph!
"I was in total disbelief," (State Patrol pilot Al)Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press for Tuesday's editions. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."
Tilley was riding a Honda 1000 motorcycle. I didn't know a bike would go that fast.
Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death at 200 mph.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."
Well that's a "duh" statement if ever I've heard one.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?