<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

A man in New York went to dinner with a group of friends. They had pizza and drinks. They weren't particularly happy with the service or the food, so they left a tip of under 10 percent. The man who paid the check was arrested for theft of services. According to the story, the restaurant they chose requires an 18% tip for parties of six or more. Can you believe this? I can understand leaving a tip. I'm all for it. But I believe it should be up to the patron how much to leave. If I'm paying a lot of money for a meal (and I don't doubt all meals in New York are expensive), and that meal is less than anticipated, or the service is lousy, why should I be forced to leave an exhorbitant tip? If I get a good waitperson (that's a stupid word) I'm happy to leave a big tip, but I shouldn't be forced to.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?