<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, September 13, 2004

I guess you've all heard about Oprah's season premiere. If you haven't, well let me fill you in. Oprah gave everyone in her audience a brand new car. 276 brand new cars. I wanted to be happy for those people, I really did. But all I could think was, "Why not me? Why can't we catch a break?" We're stuck driving a piece of crap that was adequate at best when it was new in 1991. It needs transmission work, has a busted headlight thanks to a deer, and you have to carry a hammer in the car at all times to use on the starter when it won't start.

I get like this once in a while. I go through a phase where I really hate the way my life has turned out. I love my husband, I love my children, and I adore my grandchildren. I just wish I'd made different decisions earlier in my life. I should have gone to college for more than one semester. I should have never started smoking when I was 17.

I'll be through this phase by tomorrow. But until then I think I'll wallow for a while. But I'd still like a new car.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?