<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

You know, for the most part I really don't like today's rock music. I guess that means I'm now official old. But I do like some of it. I like a lot of stuff that Outkast does, and for some unknown reason I like "Baby Got Back", even though I don't know who sings(?) it. I also really like Stagga Lee's Rock Your Body (Mic Check 1,2), the song in the J.C. Penney's commercial. That would be a good song to drive to, if you didn't mind getting tickets. But for the most part, it's all crap to me. I do like Bare Naked Ladies, and Squirrel Nut Zippers, and others of that style of music, but rap totally sucks, with a few exceptions. Sorry kids, I couldn't help getting too old for MTV.

The best music (in my opinion) was between 1965 and 1990 (not counting disco, of course), although I do like early rock and roll. You see, when I was born, my older sisters were 10 and 12 years old, so I was indoctrinated into rock and roll at a very early age. My mother told me the first song I sang was "Bye Bye Love" by the Everly Brothers. When I got older, I lived with a transistor radio stuck to my head. WHB AM 710 in Kansas City was THE station to listen to at the time for rock and roll, and listen I did. Now it's a talk station that's about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Time rolls on. I gave my granddaughter a cassette of Bare Naked Ladies, and my daughter told me she'd have to listen to it first. I laughed in her face. Then she realized who she was talking to (I was very strict about what kind of music came into the house when she was growing up), and she started laughing as well.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?