<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

When I was a student, I dreaded seeing a red mark on my papers. So, I worked that much harder to make sure I didn't see them. Now children won't have to worry about seeing red any longer. The powers that be have decided that red ink is too traumatizing, so they're going to start using purple ink to correct papers. What a crock! I give it two-three years, and these same kids will be equally traumatized by purple ink. I say, let them be "traumatized", let it scare the pants off of them. Draw those F's in big bold letters. Paste them on the walls, and embarrass the crap out of the little darlings. Do it long enough and they'll either get used to it, or more likely, work harder to stop the "trauma". It's time kids had to face the fact that when they get out of school, no one is going to be looking out for their self-esteem. The world doesn't work like that. I don't think it ever has. They need to learn that the world will not kowtow to their every whim. They need to learn how to take responsibility for the things they do, and deal with the consequences thereof. But enough ranting from me. Anyone want to chime in on this topic?

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?