<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Just a few quick notes on the Olympics I've seen today:

Didn't you just love it when Puerto Rico kicked USA butt at basketball? I know I'm supposed to root for the home team, but it just isn't the same since they started using NBA players instead of sticking with amateurs. It's hard to root for a team which, instead of USA, should be labelled EGO. They beat themselves.

The South African swimming team winning the gold medal in the 400 meter relay. Wow. They didn't just win; they killed.

I have no use for beach volleyball. There aren't enough players, and the women players need to put on some clothes. The men play in shorts and sleeveless shirts, why can't the women?

The women's gymnastics team looks really good, but they made a few really rookie mistakes. At least they have a chance to correct them before the real competition. The other teams were making a lot of mistakes too.

The men's water polo game is set to start in about an hour. I saw water polo for the first time last Olympics, and was really surprised that I liked it as much as I did. I had no idea that it was such a tough sport. It's like playing basketball without touching the floor. Hope it's a really good game.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?