<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, August 16, 2004

In Atlanta, Bobby Frederick was charged with manslaughter in the death of his 5 year old son by fire. The entire story is here. The part that tore me up was this:

Fredrick's son, "Little Bobby," was trapped inside his room on the second floor of the duplex and called for his dad but perished. Fire officials did not release the name of the boy, but a family friend who knew him and talked with the father's live-in fiancée Sunday identified the child as Robert Jerome Fredrick III, a kindergartner at Cascade Elementary School...As flames taller than his body roared in his room, the 5-year-old Atlanta boy turned to the man he trusted most. "Daddy, Daddy! Help me!" the boy wailed as he pounded on the windows of his second-floor bedroom.

His pleas were in vain.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't live if that had been my child. I would have sacrificed my life getting to the baby. There isn't a hell hot enough for anyone who could be so monstrous.

Of course, he hasn't been convicted...yet. If he's innocent, he has a horrible memory to live with. If he's guilty, they should set up a raffle to see who gets to give him "the needle".

Before you say anything, I know being convicted of manslaughter is not a capital offense. I'm just sayin'...

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?