<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I don't know if you heard about this story today or not. A Springfield, Missouri man has been arrested in Florida on felony child abuse and murder charges in the death of 4 year old Andrew Lackey. Preliminary findings pending an autopsy are that the child was beaten to death. His mother's fiancee, Levi McElroy claims the child fell from his semi truck while they were camping in Florida. McElroy had taken the child with him as a "bonding experience", since he and the boy's mother are due to be married soon.

I realize there are stories like this in the news on a daily basis; however, those other people I do not know. I do know little Drew's mother. Her brother is the biological father of one of my grandchild. The entire family is devastated. They cannot believe that Levi would kill Drew. They played togather all the time.

My daughter called and told me about this story this morning. She and bio-father were going to tell my granddaughter about it this evening. She was very close with Drew. They had just seen each other a couple of weeks ago. Now she may be attending his funeral.

If you would, please pray for them. This is going to be a very painful period for them.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?