<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Allow me to ramble for a little bit. The past month has been extraordinarily difficult for me and Sir Mugley. The surgery and additional medical expenses, the multiple trips to the doctor (1 hr. each way), the special dietary requirements, all have combined to put us in a very nasty financial bind. Now, you might say it's okay, hang in there until payday and you'll be fine. At least, that's what I would say. What most of you don't realize is my husband was unable to do the work for which he was trained for a very long time, and is now in the process of attending college to start a whole new career at age 55. For the last ten years, we have been living strictly on my monthly disability check, and whatever leftovers he has from his college grants and loans. Every semester is putting us farther in debt.

So we've been surviving on (hold on now) $675.00 a month, plus food stamps. OMG you say, how can you do it? It's easy. We don't go out, we drive a 14 year old car that needs repair, we eat simple foods. Meat and potatoes, or meat and a vegetable. Once in a while I'll bake a cake. We have minimal car insurance, no house insurance. Our house payment is less than $125 a month. Still with all that, we barely make it through the month.

Don't get me wrong; this is not a bleg for money. However, the bad karma has combined in such a way that my light bill and phone bill are both due on Monday, and I'm broke. Not just short of money; my account is overdrawn. What I want, what I need from all who read this blog is this: I would like for you to pray for us this weekend. That's all. Pray that God will provide a way to see us through this. My husband starts school again on Thursday (my birthday). He'll need the computer for his classes, ergo he needs the phone and lights working properly to study. I'm not asking for myself, I'm asking for him. I've been without lights before, although living in the country, when the power is off, the water pump doesn't work. I'm not afraid of the dark. But he needs those things for school.

Pray for us please. If God does not intervene, my blogging will be temporarily stopped until we can come up with the money to pay the bills.

Needless to say, I'll probably never leave Blogger. I like free.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?