<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, July 09, 2004

I had my pre-operative doctor's visit today. OMG who would have thought you had to do so much before you could have an operation? Today (Friday) is the last day for a while I get to eat real food. Starting tomorrow, I'm on a liquid diet. Gaack!

TMI WARNING!

On Sunday, I have to flood my system with four liters of liquid laxative, on top of two Dulcolax pills, then take two different antibiotics every two hours for most of the afternoon. Add to that Compozine, to keep me from throwing up all the meds I'm taking. I also have to take two showers, one Sunday night and another one Monday morning before we leave for the hospital. I have to use two different specialty soaps, plus an iodine douche each time. I told you it was a lot of stuff, didn't I? On top of that, we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM! Monday morning. I won't be going to bed on Sunday night. It takes almost 1 1/2 hours to get to the hospital, so I'll have to shower about 2 am. Why go to bed? I'll just sleep through the surgery. Then when I get to the hospital, they're going to torture my poor colon even more. You got it: an enema! How could there possibly be anything left in there? Well??

Two of my sisters and one brother-in-law are coming down to be with me Monday. Since there's no guarantee the surgery will go off on time, I told them to come after lunch. No sense getting there before dawn. If there were a spate of emergencies or babies to be born, the surgery could very well be postponed until Tuesday.

My daughter Shauna came over tonight, to let me know she will be worrying about me. I told her to just gather the kids together and have a little prayer for grandma and God would take care of the rest. She was also concerned about Daddy, because she thinks he won't eat without me in the house. I told her to make him eat at her house. HAHAHA!! He'll eat, don't worry. He's a better cook than I am. He'll be just fine if he can get his nose out of the schoolbooks long enough. I'm afraid he's already mentally started the next semester a month early. It should keep him occupied though. Maybe he won't worry so much.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?