<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Fifteen years ago today, my father passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack. Even after all this time, it is still painful, but not as bad as it used to be. I can go quite a while without thinking about him and Mom, but then something will happen that will remind me of a time when I was growing up, and the memories will flood in, filling me with a warm, secure feeling. I'm am so glad to know where Mom and Dad are today, and filled with a knowledge that when my time comes, I will join them for eternity. I don't feel like that is going to be any time soon, though. I believe God gives us a hint when the time gets close; I haven't received any of those hints yet. So I head into this surgery on Monday, with a feeling that there is more that God wants me to do in this life. I pray for a quick recovery in order to begin fulfilling my destiny.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?