<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Just a short note for those keeping track: I think the run-up to my surgery next month is going to be worse than the surgery itself. I went to the Pharmacy today and got the preparation kit for my tests on Wednesday. When I got home and read the instructions, I realized I wouldn't be able to eat until after the tests. Unless you count broth, tea and Jello eating. I personally don't! They didn't tell me that in advance. I'm not talking about tomorrow, I'm talking about today. No supper for me; I had a bowl of Ramen noodle juice. Yecch! Tomorrow I get Jello, and I get to follow a timetable of what and when to drink their potions, take their pills, etc. After my tests on Wednesday morning, I can eat. I hope Sir Mugley has saved up some money; he's gonna need it. Tomorrow is his birthday, so we've had to postpone the birthday party our daughter was preparing. Who wants to go to a party when you can't have cake and ice cream?

I can do this. I've gone without food like this before. I've fasted for three days before (one time I did this at Thanksgiving. Mom said I was a master of timing, but I didn't cave in). I've been on liquid diets before when I had my gall bladder out. But they could have warned me. I would have had a really good lunch, instead of a bowl of refried beans with Taco Bell taco sauce and smothered in shredded Cheddar. I better stop. I'm making myself hungry.

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?