<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Wow, what a night! After passing out flyers for a candidate for House of Representatives during Buffalo Days, my husband came home and collapsed for about 3 hours. Then we went to dinner in Greenfield, and went to the consignment auction. I had so much fun. I hadn't been to an auction in a long time. We bought a ton of stuff for practically nothing. I got a small TV for the kitchen, a new microwave (new to me, anyway), a bunch of linens, several things I can turn around and resell for a profit, and a complete set of stoneware dishes, all for less than 40 dollars.
Of course, there was a lot more I could have purchased, lead crystal, hummel figurines, antiques, etc. But being the end of the month put a slight crimp in our spending. They're going to have another auction in July, where they are auctioning off more than 2,000 Coca Cola collectibles. I'm sure there'll be other auctions in between. I always enjoy going to these auctions. They are indoors, with comfortable seating, and everyone is relaxed and having fun. Boy, am I tired...

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?