<$BlogRSDURL$>


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Well, I just read a Washington Post editorial on the treatment of the prisoners in Abu Ghraib (?). The Post feels that the following things violate the 8th Amendment regarding cruel and unusual punishment: disruption of sleep patterns, exposure to heat and cold, sensory assault. According to those criteria, don't all Americans who live in an urban area suffer from the same violations? I know when I lived in Kansas City, I seldom went more than a few hours without hearing some type of siren, or loud racket. Who can sleep through all that? It seems to me that the treatment of the prisoners would have to be a lot worse than that to be cruel, let alone unusual. How can it be unusual when we all experience it on a regular basis? It seems to me you can find these same conditions in just about any high school in this country. Where's the outrage there?

Comments: Post a Comment
Observations & Rants Blog Directory

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?